- 11th Generation — 8th Great-grandfather of Anderson Cooper
- Ahnentafel No:
- Thomas Woodward
- Elizabeth Tynen
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1607
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 7 Apr 1683
- Death Location:
- Northampton, Hampshire, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Elizabeth -----
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1640
- Marriage Location:
- Experience Woodward
Henry Woodward is possibly the son of Thomas and Elizabeth (Tynen) Woodward of Much Woolton, Lancashire, England.
Henry is said to have come to Boston aboard the James in 1635, however, he is not included in Robert Charles Anderson's The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635.
Henry was killed by lightning.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Henry Woodward
- 1 New England Ancestors Magazine, 2007, Vol. 8.5, p. 40, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, (New England Historic and Genealogical Society), 1903, Vol. 57, p. 209.
- 3 Connecticut Society of Genealogists, The Connecticut Nutmegger, 2000, Vol. 33, p. 186, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 4 Dwight, Benjamin W., The History of the Descendants of Elder John Strong, of Northampton, Mass., Vol. 2, Albany, New York: Joel Munsell (1871), 769, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 5 Evans, Richard K., The Ancestry of Diana, Princess of Wales, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2007), 215.
- 6 Ferris, Mary Walton, Dawes-Gates Ancestral Lines: A Memorial Volume Containing the American Ancestry of Rufus R. Dawes, Milwaukee, Wisconsin: Wisconsin Cuneo Press (1931), Vol. 2, pp. 841-849, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 7 Frost, Josephine C., Ancestors of Henry Ward Beecher and His Wife Eunice White Bullard, Unknown: Unknown (1927), 119-120, FamilySearch.org (Online Database).
- 8 Jacobus, Donald Lines, comp., History and Genealogy of the Families of Old Fairfield, Vol. 1, Baltimore: Reprinted for Clearfield Company (2007, originally published 1930-1932), 599.
- 9 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 175.
- 10 Roberts, Gary Boyd and William Addams Reitwiesner, American Ancestors and Cousins of The Princess of Wales, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1984), 29, Ancestry.com (Online Database).