- 2nd Great-grandfather of Gloria Vanderbilt — 5th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Peter Rutgers Kissam
- Deborah Townsend
- Birth Date:
- 15 Jan 1796
- Birth Location:
- New York
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 6 Nov 1868
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- 8 Nov 1868
- Burial Location:
- Green-Wood Cemetery, Brooklyn, Kings, New York
- Spouse Name:
- Margaret Hamilton Adams
- Marriage Date:
- 19 Jun 1817
- Marriage Location:
- Schenectady, Schenectady Co., New York
Maria Louisa Kissam (Ahnentafel No:9 )
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Samuel Kissam
- 1 Federal Census, NY, Kings County, 1850, Brooklyn Ward 4, Image 247 of 266.
- 2 Federal Census, NY, Kings County, 1860, Brooklyn Ward 10 Dist. 3, p. 72, Image 72 of 223.
- 3 U.S., Newspaper Extractions from the Northeast, 1704-1930, 01 JUL 1817, New York Evening Post, Marriage of Samuel Kissam and Margaret Adams.
- 4 U.S., Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970, SAR #4064, Membership application for George W. Vanderbilt.
- 5 Duyckinck, Whitehead Cornell and Rev. John Cornell, The Duyckinck and Allied Families: Being a Record of the Descendants of Evert Duyckinck Who Settled in . . ., New York: Tobias A. Wright, Publisher (1908), 21, 37-38.
- 6 Kissam, Edward, The Kissam Family in America from 1644 to 1825, New York: Dempsey and Carroll's Art Press (1892), 28, 48-49.
- 7 Sanders, John, Centennial Address Relating to the Early History of Schenectady, and Its First Settlers, Albany, New York: Van Benthuysen Printing House (1879), 184.
- 8 The Green-Wood Historic Fund, Green-Wood Cemetery: Burial Search, Burial record for Samuel Kissam, (accessed 06/24/2017).
- 9 Wikipedia, "William Henry Vanderbilt", (accessed 12/01/2014).