TV's The Science Guy
- 7th Great-grandmother of Bill Nye — 10th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- John Bent
- Martha -----
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1630
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 4 Jun 1713
- Death Location:
- Marlborough, Middlesex, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Edward Rice
- Marriage Date:
- BEF 30 Jul 1648
- Marriage Location:
Daniel Rice (Ahnentafel No:268 )
Some publications separate Agnes Bent into two wives for Edward Rice. The first is Agnes Bent who is said to have died shortly after her marriage. The other is a second wife named Anna (as her name appears in the birth records of her children). However, Agnes is clearly still alive at the time of her father's will in 1672, proving that Agnes did not die. She is the Anna referred to in her children's records (NEHGR 48:289).
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Agnes Bent
- 1 Early New England Families, 1641-1700, John Stone (m. 1640), p. 6.
- 2 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Sudbury, Vol. 1, pp. 119-122, Birth records for children of Edward and Anna Rice.
- 3 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1894, Vol. 48, p. 289.
- 4 The American Genealogist, 1933, Vol. 10, p. 136.
- 5 Holman, Mary Lovering, Ancestry of Colonel John Harrington Stevens and his Wife Frances Helen Miller, Vol. 2, Concord, New Hampshire: Privately Printed at The Rumford Press (1952), 130.
- 6 Ward, Andrew Henshaw, A Genealogical History of the Rice Family: Descendants of Deacon Edmund Rice, Who Came From B erkhamstead, England . . ., Boston: C. Benjamin Richardson (1858), 5-6.
- 7 Ward, Andrew Henshaw, A Genealogical History of the Rice Family: Descendants of Deacon Edmund Rice, Who Came From B erkhamstead, England . . ., Boston: C. Benjamin Richardson (1858), 6.