William Cullen Bryant
American “Fireside” Poet
- 5th Generation — 2nd Great-grandfather of William Cullen Bryant
- Ahnentafel No:
- Thomas Hayward
- Susanna -----
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1646
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Hannah Mitchell
- Marriage Date:
- BEF 1682
- Marriage Location:
- Abigail Hayward
Claims that Joseph had a first wife named Sarah Brett appear to be unfounded.
Additional marriages for Joseph Hayward
- Alice Brett
- Marriage Date:
- BEF 15 Dec 1673
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Joseph Hayward
- 1 Massachusetts Vital Records to 1850 (Online Datebase), New England Historic Genealogical Society (2001-2008), Bridgewater, Vol. 1, p. 147, Birth record for daughter Hannah Hayward.
- 2 Massachusetts Vital Records to 1850 (Online Datebase), New England Historic Genealogical Society (2001-2008), Bridgewater, Vol. 1, p. 149, Birth record for son Joseph Hayward.
- 3 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 2, G-O, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 1272.
- 4 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. III, G-H, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2003), 292.
- 5 Byram, John Arnold, Byrams in America, Baltimore, Maryland: Gateway Press (1996), 12, incorrectly gives Joseph's name as John.
- 6 Mitchell, Nahum, History of the Early Settlement of Bridgewater, in Plymouth County, Massachusetts: Including an Extensive Family Register, Boston: Kidder and Wright (1840), 181, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 7 Nahum, Mitchell, Mitchell's History of Bridgewater, Massachusetts. Reprinted in facsimile., Bridgewater, Massachusetts: Reprinted by Henry T. Pratt (1897, originally 1840), 182, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 8 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 20, 182.
- 9 Underhill, Lora Altine Woodbury, Descendants of Edward Small of New England and the Allied Families with Tracings of English Ancestry, Cambridge: Privately Printed at The Riverside Press (1910), 373, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 10 Williams, Alicia Crane, ed., Mayflower Families through Five Generations: Vol. 16, Part 1, Family of John Alden, Plymouth, Massachusetts: General Society of Mayflower Descendants (1999), 324, 433.
- 11 Wood, Ralph V., Jr., Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: Vol. 12, Francis Cooke, Revised Edition, Rockland, Maine: Picton Press (2011, revised edition 3rd printing), 37.