68th U.S. Secretary of State
- 3rd Great-grandfather of John Kerry — 6th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1775
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 18 Sep 1828
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- East Cemetery, Litchfield, Litchfield Co., Connecticut
- Spouse Name:
- Roxana Phelps
- Marriage Date:
- 6 Oct 1802
- Marriage Location:
- Windsor, Hartford, Connecticut
William Mather Clarke (Ahnentafel No:26 )
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Stephen Clarke
- 1 Connecticut Deaths and Burials, 1772-1934 , Death record for Stephen Clarke, FamilySearch.org (Online Database).
- 2 Connecticut, Hale Collection of Cemetery Inscriptions and Newspaper Notices, 1629-1934 , Cemetery record for Stephen Clarke, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 3 Connecticut, Wills and Probate Records, 1609-1999 , Probate file for Stephen Clarke, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 4 Connecticut: Vital Records (The Barbour Collection), 1630-1870 , Litchfield, p. 52, Birth record for son William Mather Clark, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 5 Phelps, Judge Oliver Seymour and Andrew T. Servin , The Phelps Family of America, and Their English Ancestors, with Copies of Wills, Deeds, Lette rs, and . . ., Vol. 1 , Pittsfield, Massachusetts: Eagle Publishing Company (1899) , 144, 238-239, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 6 Stiles, Henry R., M.D. , A Supplement to the History and Genealogies of Ancient Windsor, Conn., Containing Correction s and Additions , Albany: J. Munsell (1863) , 94, Google Books (Digital Library).