Signer of the Declaration of Independence
- 2nd Great-grandfather of Lyman Hall — 5th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1616
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 2 Sep 1689
- Death Location:
- New Haven, New Haven Co., Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Helena Russell
- Marriage Date:
- BEF 12 Jun 1641
- Marriage Location:
John Glover (Ahnentafel No:14 )
There is no evidence to suggest that this Henry Glover, of New Haven, was the same as the one who was listed as a passenger on the Elizabeth in 1634.
The earliest this Henry Glover was known to be in New England was when the baptisms of his children were recorded at New Haven, Connecticut, beginning in 1641.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Henry Glover
- 1 Commemorative Biographical Record of Fairfield County: Connecticut, Containing Biographical Sketches of . . ., Chicago: J. H. Beers and Co. (1899), 306.
- 2 New York Genealogical and Biographical Record, 1942, Vol. 73, No. 3, pp. 159-166 and accompanying chart.
- 3 The American Genealogist, 1972, Vol. 48, pp. 208-214.
- 4 The American Genealogist, 1987, Vol. 62, p. 138.
- 5 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. III, G-H, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2003), 70-71, see comments.
- 6 Barthelmas, Della Gray, The Signers of the Declaration of Independence: A Biographical and Genealogical Reference, Jefferson, N.C. and London: McFarland and Company, Inc., Publishers (1997), 91.
- 7 Trowbridge, Francis Bacon, The Ashley Genealogy: A History of the Descendants of Robert Ashley of Springfield, Massachusetts, New Haven: Press of Tuttle, Morehouse and Taylor (1896), 21.