- 1st Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Owen Brown
- Ruth Mills
- Birth Date:
- 9 May 1800
- Birth Location:
- Torrington, Litchfield, Connecticut
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 2 Dec 1859
- Death Location:
- Charles Town, Jefferson, Virginia (now West Virginia)
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- John Brown Farm Grounds, North Elba, Essex, New York
John Brown was executed by hanging after an unsuccessful raid on the federal armory at Harper's Ferry that resulted in his capture.
Marriages for John Brown
- Mary Ann Day
- Marriage Date:
- 11 Jul 1833
- Marriage Location:
- Meadville, Crawford, Pennsylvania
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John Brown
- 1 Connecticut: Vital Records (The Barbour Collection), 1630-1870, Torrington, p. 10, Birth record for John Brown, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 2 Daughters of the American Revolution Genealogical Research System, Ancestor #A015553.
- 3 Find A Grave, (accessed 04/01/2015).
- 4 New York Deaths and Burials, 1795-1952, Death and burial record for John Brown, FamilySearch.org (Online Database).
- 5 The American Genealogist, New Haven, Connecticut: D. L. Jacobus (issues newer than 5 years not online), 1959, Vol. 35, p. 19, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 6 Johnson, Mary Coffin, The Higleys and their Ancestry: An Old Colonial Family, New York: D. Appleton and Company (1896), 100, 442, Heritage Quest (Digital Library).
- 7 Loomis, Elisha S., Descendants of Joseph Loomis in America: And His Antecedents in the Old World, Berea, Ohio: unknown (1909), 129, Internet Archive (Digital Library).
- 8 Roberts, Gary Boyd, "#58 Royal Descents, Notable Kin, and Printed Sources: Elizabeth Boyd Roberts: A Genealogical Tribute with 50 New . . .", (accessed 07/08/2017).
- 9 Wikipedia, "John Brown (abolitionist)", (accessed 04/01/2015).