- 7th Great-grandmother of Paget Brewster — 10th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- (probable) Gershom Hills
- (probable) Elizabeth Chadwick
- Birth Date:
- Feb 1668
- Birth Location:
- Malden, Middlesex, Massachusetts
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- John Greenleaf
- Marriage Date:
- 12 Oct 1685
- Marriage Location:
- Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts
Stephen Greenleaf (Ahnentafel No:278 )
This Elizabeth Hills should not be confused with Elizabeth Hills, daughter of Joseph Hills and wife of John Blanchard.That Elizabeth, daughter of Joseph Hills and Rose Clarke, was her aunt and much too old to be the one married to John Greenleaf. Other claims that she is the daughter of Joseph Hills and his second wife Hannah (Smith) Mellows also appears false as Elizabeth again would seem to be too old to have been the wife of John Greenleaf.
She also should not be confused with the Elizabeth, wife of Stephen Greenleaf, who died on 05 AUG 1712.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Elizabeth Hills
- 1 Essex Antiquarian, 1899, Vol. 3, p. 16.
- 2 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Malden, Vol. 1, p. 41, Birth record for Elizabeth Hills.
- 3 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Newbury, Vol. 2, p. 208, Marriage record for John Greenleaf and Elizabeth Hills.
- 4 Greenleaf, James Edward, Genealogy of the Greenleaf Family, Boston: Frank Wood, Printer (1896), 82, 199-202.
- 5 Smith, Dean Crawford, The Ancestry of Eva Belle Kempton, 1878-1908: Part 4, The Ancestry of Linda Anna Powers 1839- 1879, Boston: New England Historica Genealogical Society (2000), 417.