5th Director of the C.I.A.
- 9th Generation — 6th Great-grandfather of Allen Dulles
- Ahnentafel No:
- Humphrey Turner
- Lydia -----
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 24 Mar 1621
- Christening Location:
- Terling, Essex, England
- Death Date:
- from 28 Apr 1695 to 20 May 1697
- Death Location:
- prob. Scituate, Plymouth, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Mary Brewster
- Marriage Date:
- 10 or 12 NOV 1645
- Marriage Location:
- Plymouth, Plymouth Co., Massachusetts
- Grace Turner
John Turner had a brother also named John. They both may have been born to the same mother, but it seems more likely that they are half brothers and their father had an unknown first wife.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John Turner
- 1 Early New England Families, 1641-1700, Peter Hobart (m. 1628), p. 6, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 2 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 3, P-W, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 1845-1846.
- 3 Fosdick, Raymond, B., Annals of the Fosdick Family, New York: The American Historical Company, Inc. (1953), 63, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- 4 Leffingwell, Albert and Charles Wesley Leffingwell, The Leffingwell Record: A Genealogy of the Descendants of Lieut. Thomas Leffingwell, 1637-1897, Aurora, New York: Leffingwell Publishing Company (1897), 47, Internet Archive (Digital Library).
- 5 Merrick, Barbara Lambert and Scott Andrew Bartley, Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: Vol. 24, Part 1, William Brewster, Plymouth, Massachusetts: General Society of Mayflower Descendants (2014), 51, 117-125, 265.
- 6 Merrick, Barbara Lambert, comp., Mayflower Families in Progress: William Brewster of the Mayflower and His Descendants for Four Generations, 3rd edition, Plymouth, Massachusetts: General Society of Mayflower Descendants (2000), 16-17.
- 7 Roser, Susan E., Mayflower Increasings, 2nd Edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (1997), 24.