44th Governor of Arkansas
- 9th Great-grandfather of Mike Huckabee — 12th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Thomas Woodward
- Elizabeth Tynen
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1607
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 7 Apr 1683
- Death Location:
- Northampton, Hampshire, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Elizabeth -----
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1640
- Marriage Location:
Thankful Woodward (Ahnentafel No:1801 )
Henry Woodward is possibly the son of Thomas and Elizabeth (Tynen) Woodward of Much Woolton, Lancashire, England.
Henry is said to have come to Boston aboard the James in 1635, however, he is not included in Robert Charles Anderson's The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635.
Henry was killed by lightning.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Henry Woodward
- 1 New England Ancestors Magazine, 2007, Vol. 8.5, p. 40.
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1903, Vol. 57, p. 209.
- 3 Connecticut Society of Genealogists , The Connecticut Nutmegger, 2000, Vol. 33, p. 186.
- 4 Dwight, Benjamin W. , The History of the Descendants of Elder John Strong, of Northampton, Mass., Vol. 2, Albany, New York: Joel Munsell (1871), 769.
- 5 Evans, Richard K. , The Ancestry of Diana, Princes s of Wales, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2007), 215.
- 6 Ferris, Mary Walton , Dawes-Gates Ancestral Lines: A Memorial Volume Containing the American Ancestry of Rufus R. D awes, Milwaukee, Wisconsin: Wisconsin Cuneo Press (1931), Vol. 2, pp. 841-849.
- 7 Frost, Josephine C. , Ancestors of Henry Ward Beecher and His Wife Eunice White Bullard, Unknown: Unknown (1927), 119-120.
- 8 Jacobus, Donald Lines, comp. , History and Genealogy of the Families of Old Fairfield, Vol. 1, Baltimore: Reprinted for Clearfield Company (2007, originally published 1930-1932), 599.
- 9 Roberts, Gary Boyd , Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 175.
- 10 Roberts, Gary Boyd and William Addams Reitwiesner , American Ancestors and Cousins of The Princess of Wales, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1984), 29.