Founder of General Foods
- 10th Generation — 7th Great-grandfather of Marjorie Post
- Ahnentafel No:
- George Cotton
- Mary Onley
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1539
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 14 Jun 1602
- Death Location:
- Stoke, Staffordshire, England
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Mary Mainwaring
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
Frances Cotton (Ahnentafel No:329 )
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Richard Cotton
- 1 Abell, Horace A. , The Abell Family in America: Robert Abell of Rehoboth, Mass., his English Ancestry and his De scendants . . . , Rutland, Vermont: Tuttle Publishing Company (1940) , 42, Heritage Quest (Digital Library).
- 2 American Society of Genealogists , The Genealogist , Rockport, Maine: Picton Press , Spring 1988, Vol. 9, Iss. 1, Page 89.
- 3 Luther, George A., editor and compiler , The Luther Genealogy: A Histor y of the Descendants of Captain John Luther, Who Arrived in the Massachusetts Bay Colony, 163 0-1635 , Penobscot Press (2001) , 81.
- 4 Roberts, Gary Boyd , The Royal Descents of 600 Immig rants to the American Colonies or the United States , Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008) , 312-313.
- 5 Roberts, Gary Boyd , The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants to the American Colonies, Quebec , or the United States (2 vols.) , Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (2018) , 500.
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp. , Ancestor s of American Presidents , Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009) , 663.
- 7 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al. , Ancestral Roots of Certain Amer ican Colonists Who Came to America before 1700, 8th Edition , Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2004) , 66.