C. W. Post
Founder of Post Cereals
- 4th Great-grandmother of C. W. Post — 7th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- John Scudder
- Elizabeth Stoughton
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 31 Jul 1625
- Christening Location:
- Strood, Kent, England
- Death Date:
- BY 1691
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Samuel Lothrop
- Marriage Date:
- 28 Nov 1644
- Marriage Location:
- Barnstable, Barnstable Co., Massachusetts
Israel Lothrup (Ahnentafel No:48 )
Most sources state Samuel Lathrop's wife was named Elizabeth Scudder, but Robert Charles Anderson in his book "The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. VI, R-S" says his wife's name was Hannah Scudder. However, Anderson does identify her as Elizabeth in the John Lothrop entry in an earlier volume (GM 2:4:348), as well as cite sources that also identify her as Elizabeth.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Elizabeth Scudder
- 1 Dutchess County, NY: The Settlers of the Beekman Patent, Vol. 9, p. 317.
- 2 NEHGS NEXUS: New England Across the United States, 1990, Vol. 7, p. 28.
- 3 New England Ancestors Magazine, 2002, Vol. 3.5, p. 36.
- 4 New Haven, CT: Families of Ancient New Haven, Vol. 7, p. 1551.
- 5 The American Genealogist, 1997, Vol. 72, p. 297.
- 6 The American Genealogist, 1975, Vol. 51, p. 235.
- 7 American Ancestors, "Boris Johnson: Lathrop Ancestry", (accessed 04/15/2020).
- 8 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. IV, I-L, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2005), 348.
- 9 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. VI, R-S, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 225.
- 10 Boardman, William F. J., The Ancestry of William Francis Joseph Boardman, Hartford, Connecticut: Being His Lineage in All Lines . . ., Hartford, Connecticut: The Case, Lockwood and Brainard Company (1906), 164.
- 11 Cleveland, Edmund Janes and Horace Gillette Cleveland, The Genealogy of the Cleveland and Cleaveland Families: An Attempt to Track in Both the Male and the Female . . ., Vol. 1, Hartford, Connecticut: The Case, Lockwood and Brainard Company (1899), 219.
- 12 Huntington, E. B., A Genealogical Memoir of the Lo-Lathrop Family in this Country, Ridgefield, Connecticut: M. Huntington (1884), 38.
- 13 Johnson, Alvin Page, Franklin D. Roosevelt's Colonial Ancestors: Their Part in the Making of American History, Boston: Lothrop, Lee and Shepard (1933), 100.
- 14 Pack, Charles Lathrop, Thomas Hatch of Barnstable and Some of his Descendants: The Descent of Alice Gertrude Hatch and her Husband . . ., Newark, New Jersey: Society of Colonial Wars in the State of New Jersey (1930), 88.
- 15 Roberts, Gary Boyd, "#58 Royal Descents, Notable Kin, and Printed Sources: Elizabeth Boyd Roberts: A Genealogical Tribute with 50 New . . .", (accessed 07/06/2017).
- 16 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 182.
- 17 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 69.
- 18 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants to the American Colonies, Quebec, or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (2018), 921.
- 19 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 455.