- 2nd Generation — Mother of Jodie Foster
- Ahnentafel No:
- Josie Almond
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1928
- Birth Location:
- Bronx, Bronx Co., New York
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Lucius Fisher Foster
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
According to the book Foster Child: A Biography of Jodie Foster written by Jodie's brother Buddy in 1997, Lucius Foster and Evelyn Almond were married in Tijuana, Mexico. However, an article written in 1976 about Jodie's mother Evelyn states that they were married in Las Vegas in 1953.
Evelyn is listed in the 1930 census as the “adopted” daughter of John and Lucy Almond. According to Evelyn's son Buddy Foster in his book Foster Child, Evelyn was the illegitimate daughter of Josie Almond, a cousin of John Almond.
Evelyn Della "Brandy" Almond
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Evelyn Della "Brandy" Almond
- 1 California, Birth Index, 1905-1995, Birth record for daughter Alicia C Foster, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 2 Federal Census, IL, Winnebago County, 1940, Rockford, E.D. 101-39, Sheet 19A, Image 37 of 42, Ancestry.com (Online Census Images).
- 3 Federal Census, IL, Winnebago County, 1930, Rockford, E.D. 101-37, Sheet 22B, Image 44 of 50, Ancestry.com (Online Census Images).
- 4 Independent Press-Telegram (Long Beach, California), 10 OCT 1976, p. 238, "The Mother Behind Child Star Jodie Foster", Newspapers.com (Digital Library), www.newspapers.com.
- 5 The Argus (Fremont, California), 16 NOV 1968, p. 2, Article on Hayward Parade, Newspapers.com (Digital Library), www.newspapers.com.
- 6 Foster, Buddy, Foster Child: A Biography of Jodie Foster, New York: Dutton (1997), 16-17, 20.
- 7 IMDb, "Jodie Foster Biography", (accessed 06/29/2015).
- 8 Wikipedia, "Jodie Foster", (accessed 06/29/2015).