Vice-Chairman of Berkshire Hathaway
- 8th Great-grandfather of Charlie Munger — 11th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- (probable) Mrs. Edward Fuller
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1605
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- from 25 Jul 1678 to 22 Aug 1678
- Death Location:
- Barnstable County, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Frances Hunsden
- Marriage Date:
- 22 Jul 1633
- Marriage Location:
- St. Mary Magdalene Church, Pulham Market, Norfolk, England
Elizabeth Fuller (Ahnentafel No:741 )
Although he didn't arrive in Plymouth Colony until as last as 1640, Dr. Matthew Fuller was long considered a son of Mayflower passenger Edward Fuller and his unnamed wife. However, a Y-DNA study whose results were published in the Summer 2022 edition of the Mayflower Descendant proved that Dr. Matthew Fuller was not the son of Edward Fuller. It is now believed that Dr. Matthew Fuller is the son of Edward Fuller's unnamed wife and therefore the stepson of Edward Fuller. Dr. Matthew Fuller's descendants would still be considered descendants of a Mayflower passenger, only it would be through Edward Fuller's unnamed wife and not Edward Fuller himself.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Matthew Fuller
- 1 Mayflower Descendant: A Journal of Pilgrim Genealogy and History, 2022, Vol. 70, pp. 101-126.
- 2 Anderson, Mary Audentia Smith, Ancestry and Posterity of Joseph Smith and Emma Hale: With Little Sketches of Their Immigrant Ancestors All of Whom . . ., Independence, Missouri: Herald Publishing House (1929), see chart preceding p. 51.
- 3 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 1, A-F, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 712.
- 4 MacGunnigle, Bruce Campbell, Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: Vol. 4, 3rd ed., Edward Fuller, Plymouth, Massachusetts: General Society of Mayflower Descendants (2006), 3, 5-6, 16.
- 5 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 94.
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 44.
- 7 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Mayflower 500: Five Hundred Notable Descendants of the Founding Families on the Mayflower, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2020), 24, 103, 120, 289, 318, 351, 383, 388, 438, 458, 509, 537, 550, 567, 660, 691, 699, 779.