Lieutenant Governor of Virginia
- 8th Great-grandfather of Alexander Spotswood — 11th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Edward III, King of England
- Philippa of Hainault
- Birth Date:
- 6 Mar 1340
- Birth Location:
- Ghent, Belgium
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 3 Feb 1399
- Death Location:
- Leicester Castle, Leicestershire, England
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Katherine Roet
- Marriage Date:
- 13 Jan 1396
- Marriage Location:
- Lincoln Cathedral, Lincolnshire, England
John Beaufort (Ahnentafel No:730 )
2nd Duke of Lancaster
John of Gaunt
Additional marriages for John of Gaunt
- Blanche of Lancaster
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1359
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John of Gaunt
- 1 NEHGS NEXUS: New England Across the United States, 1999, Vol. 16, p. 31.
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 2011, Vol. 165, p. 215.
- 3 Ancestry.com, "The Surprising Link Between Benedict Cumberbatch and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle", (accessed 06/27/2017).
- 4 Burke, Sir Bernard, Royal Descents and Pedigrees of Founders' Kin, London: Harrison, Bookseller to the Queen (1864), Pedigree XIX.
- 5 Fraser, ed. Antonia, The Lives of the Kings and Queens of England, New York: Alfred A. Knopf (1975), 71.
- 6 Lee, Sydney, ed., Dictionary of National Biography, Volume 40, Myllar - Nicholls, New York: MacMillan and Company (1894), 248, 277.
- 7 Paget, Gerald, The Lineage and Ancestry of H.R.H. Prince Charles, Prince of Wales, Vol. 1, Edinburgh and London: Charles Skilton Ltd (1977), 89.
- 8 Pitcairn, Constance, The History of the Fife Pitcairns with Transcripts from Old Charters, Edinburgh and London: William Blackwood and Sons (1905), 419.
- 9 Richardson, Douglas, Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2013), Vol. IV, p. 124.
- 10 Richardson, Douglas and Kimball G. Everingham, Plantagenet Ancestry: A Study in Colonial & Medieval Families, 2nd Edition, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2011), Vol. III, p. 192.
- 11 Roberts, Gary Boyd, "A Second Update to Ancestors of American Presidents", (accessed 03/04/2016).
- 12 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 154, 158, 169, 171, 178, 189, 191, 208, 217-221, 229, 235.
- 13 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants to the American Colonies, Quebec, or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (2018), 375, 400, 900.
- 14 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 360, 412.
- 15 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al., Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists Who Came to America Before 1700, 8th Edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2004), 6, 98.
- 16 Wikipedia, "John of Gaunt, 1st Duke of Lancaster", _1st_Duke_of_Lancaster, (accessed 03/01/2010).