Lieutenant Governor of Virginia
- 5th Great-grandfather of Alexander Spotswood — 8th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- James Stewart
- Joan Beaufort
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1440
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 15 Sep 1512
- Death Location:
- Laighwood, Scotland
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Dunkeld Cathedral, Dunkeld, Perthshire, Scotland
- Spouse Name:
- Eleanor Sinclair
- Marriage Date:
- BEF 19 Apr 1475
- Marriage Location:
Jean Stewart (Ahnentafel No:91 )
1st Earl of Atholl
Additional marriages for John Stewart
- Margaret Douglas
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John Stewart
- 1 NEHGS NEXUS: New England Across the United States, 1999, Vol. 16, p. 31.
- 2 Mosley, Charles, editor, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 106th edition, Crans, Switzerland: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd. (1999), 1480.
- 3 Pitcairn, Constance, The History of the Fife Pitcairns with Transcripts from Old Charters, Edinburgh and London: William Blackwood and Sons (1905), 419.
- 4 Richardson, Douglas and Kimball G. Everingham, Plantagenet Ancestry: A Study in Colonial & Medieval Families, 2nd Edition, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2011), Vol. 3, p. 179.
- 5 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants to the American Colonies, Quebec, or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (2018), 219.
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 411.
- 7 Wikipedia, "John Stewart, 1st Earl of Atholl", _1st_Earl_of_Atholl, (accessed 01/10/2012).