Lieutenant Governor of Virginia
- 9th Great-grandmother of Alexander Spotswood — 12th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- William III of Hainault
- Jeanne of Valois
- Birth Date:
- 24 Jun 1314
- Birth Location:
- Valenciennes, Flanders, France
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 15 Aug 1369
- Death Location:
- Windsor Castle, Windsor, England
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Westminster Abbey, London, England
- Spouse Name:
- Edward III, King of England
- Marriage Date:
- 24/25 Jan 1328
- Marriage Location:
- York Minster, York, England
Edward of Woodstock
Lionel of Antwerp
John of Gaunt (Ahnentafel No:1460 )
Edmund of Langley
Philippa of Hainault
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Philippa of Hainault
- 1 NEHGS NEXUS: New England Across the United States, 1999, Vol. 16, pp. 31, 73.
- 2 NEHGS NEXUS: New England Across the United States, 1998, Vol. 15, p. 206.
- 3 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 2011, Vol. 165, p. 215.
- 4 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1994, Vol. 148, p. 140.
- 5 The Genealogical Magazine: A Journal of Family History, Heraldry, and Pedigrees, Volume II, May, 1898 - April, 1899, London: Elliot Stock (1899), 161.
- 6 Adams, Arthur, The Magna Charta Sureties, 1215, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (1964), 86.
- 7 American Ancestors, "Boris Johnson: Royal Ancestry", (accessed 04/15/2020).
- 8 American Society of Genealogists, The Genealogist, Rockport, Maine: Picton Press, 1999, Vol. 13, pp. 30-31.
- 9 American Society of Genealogists, The Genealogist, Rockport, Maine: Picton Press, Spring 1981, Vol. 2, Iss. 1, p. 125.
- 10 Burke, John and John Bernard Burke, The Royal Families of England, Scotland, and Wales, with their Descendants, Sovereigns and Subjects, Vol. II, London: J. Billing, Printer and Stereotyper (1851), Pedigree xv: Frevile Lambton Burne, Esq..
- 11 Burke, Sir Bernard, Royal Descents and Pedigrees of Founders' Kin, London: Harrison, Bookseller to the Queen (1864), Pedigree XIX.
- 12 Fraser, ed. Antonia, The Lives of the Kings and Queens of England, New York: Alfred A. Knopf (1975), 70, 143.
- 13 Pitcairn, Constance, The History of the Fife Pitcairns with Transcripts from Old Charters, Edinburgh and London: William Blackwood and Sons (1905), 419.
- 14 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 49.
- 15 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 47, 149-247.
- 16 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants to the American Colonies, Quebec, or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (2018), 317, 351, 355, 375, 400, 436, 900.
- 17 Roberts, Gary Boyd and Christopher C. Child, "The Shared Ancestry of (Rachel) Meghan Markle and Prince Harry of Wales", (accessed 11/30/2017).
- 18 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 360, 412.
- 19 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al., Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists Who Came to America Before 1700, 8th Edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2004), 8-9.
- 20 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al., The Magna Charta Sureties, 1215: The Barons Named in the Magna Charta, 1215 and Some of their . . ., 5th edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (Third Printing, 2006), 26.
- 21 Wikipedia, "Philippa of Hainault", (accessed 02/21/2010).