23rd U.S. President
- 3rd Great-grandfather of Benjamin Harrison — 6th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- John Churchill
- Dorothy -----
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 2 Dec 1649
- Christening Location:
- North Aston, Oxfordshire, England
- Death Date:
- from 18 NOV 1710 to 10 MAR 1710/1711
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Elizabeth Armistead
- Marriage Date:
- 5 Oct 1703
- Marriage Location:
Elizabeth Churchill (Ahnentafel No:19 )
Della Gray Barthelmas, in her book The Signers of the Declaration of Independence, mistakenly identifies Elizabeth Churchill's father William Churchill as William Bassett III. When referring to him in the next paragraph, she refers to him correctly as William Churchill.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for William Churchill
- 1 Sons of the Revolution in State of Virginia Quarterly Magazine , 1923, Vol. 2, No. 2, p. 61, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 2 Barthelmas, Della Gray , The Signers of the Declaration of Independence: A Biographical and Genealogical Reference , Jefferson, N.C. and London: McFarland and Company, Inc., Publishers (1997) , 104.
- 3 Child, Christopher C. , "Notes on Robin Williams's Ancestry" , (accessed 03/21/2016).
- 4 Crozier, William Armstrong, ed. , Virginia Heraldica Being a Registry of Virginia Gentry Entitled to Coat Armor with Genealogic al Notes of the Families , New York: The Genealogical Association (1908) , 18.
- 5 Hardy, Stella Pickett , Colonial Families of the Southern States of America: A History and Genealogy of Colonial Fami lies Who Settled . . . , New York: Tobias A. Wright (1911) , 22.
- 6 Keith, Charles P. , The Ancestry of Benjamin Harrison, President of the United States of America 1889-1893 . . . , Philadelphia: J. B. Lippincott Company (1893) , 15-16, Internet Archive (Digital Library).
- 7 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp. , Ancestor s of American Presidents , Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009) , 471.