46th U.S. President
- 2nd Great-grandmother of Joe Biden — 5th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- (probable) James Pumphrey
- (probable) Elizabeth Hamilton
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1824
- Birth Location:
- Washington. D.C.
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- from 21 Jul 1860 to 7 Jul 1870
- Death Location:
- prob. Allegany County, Maryland
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Moses J. Robinette
- Marriage Date:
- 24 Jun 1838
- Marriage Location:
- Allegany County, Maryland
George Hamilton Robinette (Ahnentafel No:10 )
Sallie E. Robinette
It would appear that Jane Pumphrey was not the Mrs. Robinette, wife of Moses, who died in 16 AUG 1878 after being seriously injured by the overturning of a wagon in which she was riding. Her husband Moses was also badly injured.
The late William Addams Reitwiesner gave Jane's parents as James Pumphrey and Ellen Elizabeth Hamilton in his "The Ancestors of Joe Biden" on wargs.com. However, the URLs for the sources he listed are no longer available. Jane, her husband Moses, and their children are found living in the household of William and Mary Hamilton who are of similar age to Jane. Perhaps they are cousins through her alleged mother Ellen Elizabeth Hamilton. Further evidence is needed to support Jane as their daughter.
Jane Eliza Pumphrey
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Jane Eliza Pumphrey
- 1 American Ancestors Magazine, 2021, Vol. 21.4, p. 29.
- 2 Der Deutsche Correspondent (Baltimore, Maryland), 20 AUG 1878, p. 1, Obituary for Frau Robinette.
- 3 Federal Census, VA, Preston County, 1850, District 45, Image 77 of 278.
- 4 Federal Census, VA, Taylor County, 1860, Pruntytown, p. 111, Image 112 of 187.
- 5 Maryland, Compiled Marriages, 1655-1850, Marriage record for Moses Robinette and Jane Pomphrey.
- 6 The Baltimore Sun (Baltimore, Maryland), 19 AUG 1878, p. 3, "Maryland Items".
- 7 Virginia, U.S., Death Records, 1912-2014, Death certificate for daughter Sallie E Robinette.