2nd President of the Mormon Church
- 2nd Great-grandmother of Brigham Young — 5th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1686
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Zachariah Maynard Jr.
- Marriage Date:
- 6 Jan 1696/1697
- Marriage Location:
- Concord, Middlesex, Massachusetts
Lucy Maynard (Ahnentafel No:11 )
Some sources claim Sarah Wheeler was born 11 NOV 1686, daughter of John Wheeler and Sarah Stearns. However there are two Sarah Wheelers that sources both claim are the one born on 11 NOV 1686. One married Zachariah Maynard, and the other Samuel Merriam. The births of the children from both marriages overlap so they cannot both be the same Sarah. Which, if any, is the daughter of John Wheeler and Sarah Stearns will need to be determined through further research.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Sarah Wheeler
- 1 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Sudbury, Vol. 1, p. 234, Marriage record for Zachariah Maynard and Sarah Wheeler in Concord.
- 2 Cutter, William Richard, Genealogical and Personal Memoirs Relating to the Families of Boston and Eastern Massachusetts, Volume 3, New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1908), 1492.
- 3 Van Wagenen, Mrs. Avis Stearns, Genealogy and Memoirs of Isaac Stearns and His Descendants, Syracuse, New York: Courier Printing Co. (1901), 26.
- 4 Virkus, Frederick Adams, ed., The Abridged Compendium of American Genealogy: First Families of America: A Genealogical Encyclopedia of the . . ., Chicago: multiple publishers (1925-), Vol. 3, p. 593.
- 5 Wheeler, Albert Gallatin, Jr., The Genealogical and Encyclopedic History of the Wheeler Family in America, Boston, Massachusetts: American College of Genealogy (1914), 144, 146.