6th Governor of New York
- 7th Generation — 4th Great-grandfather of DeWitt Clinton
- Ahnentafel No:
- Edward Clinton (or Fiennes)
- Ursula Stourton
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1539
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 29 Sep 1616
- Death Location:
- Sempringham, Lincolnshire, England
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Elizabeth Morrison
- Marriage Date:
- AFT 20 Oct 1586
- Marriage Location:
Henry Clinton alias Fynes (Ahnentafel No:32 )
2nd Earl of Lincoln
Henry Clinton (or Fiennes)
Additional marriages for Henry Clinton (or Fiennes)
- Katherine Hastings
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1556
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Henry Clinton (or Fiennes)
- 1 NEHGS NEXUS: New England Across the United States , 1996, Vol. 13, p. 207, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 2 Richardson, Douglas , Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families , Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2013) , Vol. III, p. 372.
- 3 Roberts, Gary Boyd , The Royal Descents of 600 Immig rants to the American Colonies or the United States , Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008) , 47.
- 4 Roberts, Gary Boyd , The Royal Descents of 600 Immig rants to the American Colonies or the United States , Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008) , 180.
- 5 Roberts, Gary Boyd , The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants to the American Colonies, Quebec , or the United States (2 vols.) , Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (2018) , 351.
- 6 Sweet, Homer De Lois , The Averys of Groton , Syracuse, New York: Rice-Taylor Print. Co. (1894) , 557, Heritage Quest (Digital Library).
- 7 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al. , Ancestral Roots of Certain Amer ican Colonists Who Came to America before 1700, 8th Edition , Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2004) , 203.
- 8 Wikipedia , "Henry Clinton, 2nd Earl of Lincoln" , (accessed 11/23/2012).