Ancestry of Lt. Gen.
Leader of the “Charge of the Light Brigade”
- 13th Great-grandfather of James Brudenell — 16th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Edward II, King of England
- Isabella of France
- Birth Date:
- 13 Nov 1312
- Birth Location:
- Windsor, England
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 21 Jun 1377
- Death Location:
- Sheen, Surrey, England
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Westminster Abbey, London, England
- Spouse Name:
- Philippa of Hainault
- Marriage Date:
- 24/25 Jan 1328
- Marriage Location:
- York Minster, York, England
Edward of Woodstock
Lionel of Antwerp
John of Gaunt (Ahnentafel No:19074 )
Edmund of Langley
King of England
Edward III, King of England
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Edward III, King of England
- 1 NEHGS NEXUS: New England Across the United States, 1999, Vol. 16, pp. 31, 73.
- 2 NEHGS NEXUS: New England Across the United States, 1998, Vol. 15, p. 206.
- 3 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 2011, Vol. 165, p. 215.
- 4 The Genealogical Magazine: A Journal of Family History, Heraldry, and Pedigrees, Volume II, M ay, 1898 - April, 1899, London: Elliot Stock (1899), 161.
- 5 Adams, Arthur, The Magna Charta Sureties, 1215, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (1964), 86.
- 6 American Ancestors, "Boris Johnson: Royal Ancestry", (accessed 04/15/2020).
- 7 American Society of Genealogists, The Genealogist, Rockport, Maine: Picton Press, 1999, Vol. 13, pp. 30-31.
- 8 American Society of Genealogists, The Genealogist, Rockport, Maine: Picton Press, Spring 1981, Vol. 2, Iss. 1, p. 125.
- 9 Burke, John and John Bernard Burke, The Royal Families of England, Scotland, and Wales, with their Descendants, Sovereigns and Su bjects, Vol. II, London: J. Billing, Printer and Stereotyper (1851), Pedigree xv: Frevile Lambton Burne, Esq..
- 10 Burke, Sir Bernard, Royal Descents and Pedigrees of Founders' Kin, London: Harrison, Bookseller to the Queen (1864), Pedigree XIX.
- 11 Fraser, ed. Antonia, The Lives of the Kings and Quee ns of England, New York: Alfred A. Knopf (1975), 70, 143.
- 12 Pitcairn, Constance, The History of the Fife Pitcair ns with Transcripts from Old Charters, Edinburgh and London: William Blackwood and Sons (1905), 419.
- 13 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 49.
- 14 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 47, 149-247.
- 15 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants to the American Colonies, Quebec, or the United States ( 2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (2018), 317, 351, 355, 375, 400, 436, 900.
- 16 Roberts, Gary Boyd and Christopher C. Child, "The Shared Ancestry of (Rachel) Meghan Markle and Prince Harry of Wales", (accessed 11/30/2017).
- 17 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 360, 412.
- 18 The Surrey Archaeological Society, Surrey Archaeological Collections, Relating to the History and Antiquities of the County, Vol . 3, London: Lovell Reeve and Co. (1865), 50.
- 19 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al., Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists Who Came to America Before 1700, 8th Edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2004), 8-9.
- 20 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al., The Magna Charta Sureties, 1215: The Barons Named in the Magna Charta, 1215 and Some of thei r . . ., 5th edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (Third Printi ng, 2006), 26.
- 21 Wikipedia, "Edward III of England", (accessed 02/21/2010).