Ancestry of Lt. Gen.
Leader of the “Charge of the Light Brigade”
- 11th Great-grandfather of James Brudenell — 14th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- John Beaufort
- Margaret de Holand
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1406
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 22 May 1455
- Death Location:
- First Battle of St. Albans, Hertfordshire, England
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Eleanor Beauchamp
- Marriage Date:
- BEF 1436
- Marriage Location:
Henry Beaufort (Ahnentafel No:4824 )
1st Duke of Somerset
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Edmund Beaufort
- 1 Ancestry.com , "The Surprising Link Between Benedict Cumberbatch and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle" , (accessed 06/27/2017).
- 2 Furness, Hannah , "Benedict Cumberbatch and Alan Turing are related, genealogists claim" , The Telegraph , (accessed 06/30/2017).
- 3 Mosley, Charles, editor , Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 106th edition , Crans, Switzerland: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd. (1999) , 2120, FamousKin.com Genealogical Library.
- 4 Roberts, Gary Boyd , The Royal Descents of 600 Immig rants to the American Colonies or the United States , Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008) , 154, 189.
- 5 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp. , Ancestor s of American Presidents , Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009) , 412.
- 6 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al. , The Magna Charta Sureties, 1215: The Barons Named in the Magna Charta , 1215 and Some of their . . ., 5th edition , Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (Third Printing, 2006) , 111-112.
- 7 Wikipedia , "Edmund Beaufort, 2nd Duke of Somerset" , (accessed 04/30/2011).