Ancestry of Lt. Gen.
Leader of the “Charge of the Light Brigade”
- 11th Great-grandfather of James Brudenell — 14th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- John Beaufort
- Margaret de Holand
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1406
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 22 May 1455
- Death Location:
- First Battle of St. Albans, Hertfordshire, England
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Eleanor Beauchamp
- Marriage Date:
- BEF 1436
- Marriage Location:
Henry Beaufort (Ahnentafel No:4824 )
1st Duke of Somerset
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Edmund Beaufort
- 1 Ancestry.com, "The Surprising Link Between Benedict Cumberbatch and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle", (accessed 06/27/2017).
- 2 Furness, Hannah, "Benedict Cumberbatch and Alan Turing are related, genealogists claim", The Telegraph, (accessed 06/30/2017).
- 3 Mosley, Charles, editor, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 106th edition, Crans, Switzerland: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd. (1999), 2120.
- 4 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 154, 189.
- 5 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 412.
- 6 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al., The Magna Charta Sureties, 1215: The Barons Named in the Magna Charta, 1215 and Some of thei r . . ., 5th edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (Third Printi ng, 2006), 111-112.
- 7 Wikipedia, "Edmund Beaufort, 2nd Duke of Somerset", _2nd_Duke_of_Somerset, (accessed 04/30/2011).