Co-Founder of American Express and Wells Fargo and Co.
- 3rd Great-grandfather of Henry Wells — 6th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Richard Belden
- Margaret Ackrenden
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 8 Feb 1634/1635
- Christening Location:
- Heptonstall, Yorkshire, England
- Death Date:
- 27 Jun 1677
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Lydia Standish
- Marriage Date:
- 24 Apr 1657
- Marriage Location:
Lydia Belden (Ahnentafel No:21 )
John Belden's surname is also seen as Belding.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John Belden
- 1 The American Genealogist, 2001, Vol. 76, p. 22.
- 2 Hinman, Royal Ralph, A Catalogue of the Names of the First Puritan Settlers of the Colony of Connecticut, No. 1, Hartford: Printed by E. Gleason (1846), 191.
- 3 Hopkins, Timothy, The Kelloggs in the Old World and the New, Vol. 1, San Francisco, California: Sunset Press and Photo Engraving Co. (1903), 42.
- 4 Selleck, William Edwin, Selleck Memorial with Collateral Connections, Chicago: Privately Printed (1916), 58.
- 5 Stiles, Henry R., The History of Ancient Wethersfield Connecticut: Comprising the Present . . ., Volume II - Genealogies and Biographies, New York: The Grafton Press (1904), 76, 78-79.