TV and Movie Actor
- 3rd Great-grandfather of James Spader — 6th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Joseph Francois Clerc
- Marie Élisabeth Candy
- Birth Date:
- 26 Dec 1785
- Birth Location:
- La Balme, Cremieu, Isere, France
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 18 Jul 1869
- Death Location:
- Hartford, Hartford Co., Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Eliza Crocker Boardman
- Marriage Date:
- 3 May 1819
- Marriage Location:
- Cohoes Falls, near Waterford, Saratoga, New York
Elizabeth Victoria Clerc (Ahnentafel No:21 )
Francis J. Clerc
Co-Founder of the American School for the Deaf, the first permanent school for the deaf in the United States.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Laurent Clerc
- 1 Barnard, Henry, Tribute to Gallaudet: A Discourse in Commemoration of the Life, Character and Services of the Rev. Thomas H. Gallaudet, Hartford: Brockett, Hutchinson and Co. (1854), 102-112.
- 2 Convention of American Instructors of the Deaf, Proceedings of the Fifteenth Meeting of the Convention of American Instructors of the Deaf . . ., Washington: Government Printing Office (1899), 279.
- 3 Hinman, Royal R., R. R. Hinman's Catalogue of the First Puritan Settlers of the Colony of Connecticut, Hartford: Press of Case, Tiffany and Company (1852), 279-280.
- 4 Kingsbury, Frederick John and Mary Kingsbury Talcott, The Genealogy of the Descendants of Henry Kingsbury of Ipswich and Haverhill, Mass., Hartford Press: The Case, Lockwood and Brainard Company (1905), 234.
- 5 Wikipedia, "Laurent Clerc", (accessed 01/18/2016).