John Sargent Pillsbury
Co-Founder of C.A. Pillsbury Co.
- Grandmother of John Sargent Pillsbury — 3rd Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1763
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Sutton, Merrimack, New Hampshire
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Micajah Pillsbury
- Marriage Date:
- AFT 15 Mar 1781
- Marriage Location:
- prob. Amesbury, Essex, Massachusetts
John Pillsbury (Ahnentafel No:2 )
Published sources disagree on the parents and grandparents of Sarah Sargent.
Mary (Lovering) Holman, in her Ancestry of Charles Stinson Pillsbury and John Sargent Pillsbury (1:127) gives Sarah Sargent's parents as Samuel Sargent and Sarah Kendrick. Samuel Sargent is said to be the son of Samuel Sargent and Abigail Davis.
Frederick Adam Virkus, in his The Abridged Compendium of American Genealogy (3:373) also gives Sarah Sargent's parents as Samuel Sargent and Sarah Kendrick, and Samuel's parents as Samuel Sargent and Abigail Davis. However, Virkus used Holman above as his source.
Mrs. Augusta Harvey Worthen, in her The History of Sutton, New Hampshire (Part II, p. 952) also gives Sarah's parents as Samuel Sargent and Sarah Kendrick, but she gives Samuel's parents as Philip Sargent and Martha Hadley.
William Richard Cutter, in his Genealogical and Personal Memoirs: Relating to the Families of Boston and Eastern Massachusetts (1:864) doesn't mention Sarah Sargent, but does state that Samuel Sargent's parents Philip Sargent and Martha Hadley, agreeing with Worthen above.
George Emery, in an article on Col. William S. Pillsbury in The Granite Monthly: A New Hampshire . . . (5:378) gives Sarah Sargent's birth date as 22 MAY 1763. This appears to referring to the Sarah Sargent baptized at Rutland, Massachusetts on that date. Her parent's were Nathan and Mary Sargent. That Sarah was born two days earlier at Leicester, Massachusetts 20 MAR 1763..
Therefore, Sarah Sargent's parentage should be considered unknown until further evidence is found.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Sarah Sargent
- 1 Massachusetts Vital Records to 1850 (Online Datebase) , New England Historic Genealogical Society (2001-2008) , Rutland Births, Page 86, [Birth].
- 2 Massachusetts Vital Records to 1850 (Online Datebase) , New England Historic Genealogical Society (2001-2008) , Amesbury, Vol. 1, p. 452, Marriage intention for Micajah Pilsbury and Sarah Sargent.
- 3 Grant, William Henry , Minnesota Society, Sons of the American Revolution: Year Book: 1889-1895 , St. Paul, Minnesota: McGill Printing Company (1895) , 409, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 4 Holman, Mary Lovering , Ancestry of Charles Stinson Pillsbury and John Sargent Pillsbury , n.p.: n.p. (1938) , 127, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 5 McClintock, John N., ed , The Granite Monthly: A New Hampshire Magazine Devoted to History, Biography, Literature and S tate Progress, Vol. 5 , Concord, New Hampshire: Evans, Sleeper & Woodbury, Printers (1882) , 378, [Birth].
- 6 McClintock, John N., ed , The Granite Monthly: A New Hampshire Magazine Devoted to History, Biography, Literature and S tate Progress, Vol. 5 , Concord, New Hampshire: Evans, Sleeper & Woodbury, Printers (1882) , 378, [Death].
- 7 Pilsbury, David Brainard , The Pillsbury Family: Being a History of William and Dorothy Pillsbury (or Pilsbery) of Newbu ry in New England . . . , Everett, Massachusetts: Massachusetts Publishing Company (1898) , 44, Hathi Trust Digital Library, [Death].