Stage, TV, and Movie Actor
- 7th Great-grandfather of John Lithgow — 10th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Thomas Graves
- Sarah Scott
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 16 Feb 1623/1624
- Christening Location:
- Thundridge, Hertfordshire, England
- Death Date:
- 19 Sep 1677
- Death Location:
- Hatfield, Hampshire, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Mary Church
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
John Graves (Ahnentafel No:448 )
Isaac Graves was killed in an Indian attack on Hatfield, Massachusetts, on 19 SEP 1677. He and his brother John were surprised by the Indians while shingling a roof.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Isaac Graves
- 1 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Hadley, Vol. 1, p. 27, Birth record for daughter Hannah Graves.
- 2 The American Genealogist, 2007, Vol. 82, p. 108.
- 3 Barbour, Lucius Barnes, Families of Early Hartford, Connecticut, Baltimore, Maryland: Reprinted for Clearfield Co., Inc. by Genealogical Publishing Co. (2001), 171.
- 4 Cutter, William Richard, Genealogical and Personal Memoirs Relating to the Families of Boston and Eastern Massachusetts, Volume 2, New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1908), 802.
- 5 Jacobus, Donald Lines and Edgar Francis Waterman, Hale, House and Related Families: Mainly of the Connecticut River Valley, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1978, reprinted from 1952), 546, 577-579.
- 6 Leavitt, Emily Wilder, The Blair Family of New England, Boston: David Clapp and Son (1900), 164.
- 7 Smith, Dean Crawford, The Ancestry of Eva Belle Kempton, 1878-1908: Part 4, The Ancestry of Linda Anna Powers 1839-1879, Boston: New England Historica Genealogical Society (2000), 63.
- 8 Smith, John Montague, et. al., History of the Town of Sunderland, Massachusetts, 1673-1899: Which Originally Embraced Within Its Limits the . . ., Greenfield, Massachusetts: Press of E. A. Hall and Company (1899), 349.
- 9 Wells, Daniel White and Reuben Field Wells, A History of Hatfield, Massachusetts, Springfield, Massachusetts: F. C. H. Gibbons (1910), 409-410.
- 10 Weygant, Charles H., The Sacketts of America, Their Ancestors and Descendants 1630-1907, Newburgh, New York: Journal Print (1907), 24-25.