Socialite (aka “Poor Little Rich Girl”)
- 3rd Great-grandfather of Barbara Hutton — 6th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Benjamin Buell Jr.
- Sybil Buell
- Birth Date:
- 19 Jul 1757
- Birth Location:
- Hebron, Tolland, Connecticut
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 6 Mar 1825
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Andover, Tolland, Connecticut
- Spouse Name:
- Beulah Dorchester
- Marriage Date:
- 27 Mar 1783
- Marriage Location:
- Farmington, Hartford, Connecticut
Elizabeth G. "Betsey" Buell (Ahnentafel No:25 )
Multiple published county histories claim Aaron Buell is the son of John Hubbell Buell. However History of the Buell Family by Albert Welles (1881) gives his parents as Benjamin and Cybil Buell. No vital records have been found for an Aaron Buell, son of John Hubbell Buell. A birth record does exist for a son named Aaron, born to Benjamin and Cybil Buell in Hebron, Connecticut.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Aaron Buell
- 1 Connecticut: Vital Records (The Barbour Collection), 1630-1870, Hebron, p. 20, Birth record for Aaron Buell.
- 2 Gravestone image at FindAGrave.com, (accessed 03/18/2016).
- 3 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1885, Vol. 39, p. 340, Marriage record for Aaron Buell and Beulah Dorchester.
- 4 New Haven, CT: Families of Ancient New Haven, Vol. 3, p. 563.
- 5 Dexter, Franklin Bowditch, Biographical Sketches of the Graduates of Yale College with Annals of the College History, Volume 4, July 1778-June 1792, New York: Henry Holt and Company (1907), 25.
- 6 Hayden, Rev. Horace Edwin, ed., Genealogical and Family History of the Wyoming and Lackawanna Valleys, Pennsylvania, Vol. 2, New York and Chicago: The Lewis Publishing Company (1906), 217.
- 7 Oakes, R. A., Genealogical and Family History of the County of Jefferson, New York: A Record of the Achievements of . . ., Vol. 1, New York: The Lewis Publishing Company (1905), 196.
- 8 Welles, Albert, History of the Buell Family in England: From the Remotest Times Ascertainable from Our Ancient Histories, and in America, New York: Society Library (1881), 65, 121.