9th Governor of Alaska
- 9th Great-grandfather of Sarah Palin — 12th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- William Backus
- Elizabeth -----
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 30 Nov 1634
- Christening Location:
- Sheffield, Yorkshire, England
- Death Date:
- BY 17 Apr 1721
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Elizabeth Pratt
- Marriage Date:
- 11 May 1660
- Marriage Location:
Hannah Backus (Ahnentafel No:1081 )
William Backus is listed on a cenotaph located in the Founders Cemetery in Norwich, Connecticut.
Additional marriages for William Backus
- Sarah Charles
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for William Backus
- 1 New England Historical and Genealogical Register , 1988, Vol. 142, pp. 253-254, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 2 The American Genealogist , New Haven, Connecticut: D. L. Jacobus (issues newer than 5 years not online) , 1937, Vol. 14, pp. 242-243, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 3 Bingham, Brig. Gen. Theodore A. , The Bingham Family in the United States, Especially of the State of Connecticut: Including No tes on the . . . , Easton, Pennsylvania: The Bingham Association (1927) , vol. 1, part 3, p. 197, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 4 Caulkins, Frances Manwaring , History of Norwich, Connecticut: From Its Possession by the Indians to the Year 1866 , Privately Printed (1874) , 165, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 5 Chapman, Rev. Frederick W. , The Pratt Family: Or the Descendants of Lieut. William Pratt, One of the First Settlers of Ha rtford and Say-Brook . . . , Hartford: Case, Lockwood and Company (1864) , 54, FamilySearch.org (Online Database).
- 6 Ferris, Mary Walton , Dawes-Gates Ancestral Lines: A Memorial Volume Containing the American Ancestry of Rufus R. D awes , Milwaukee, Wisconsin: Wisconsin Cuneo Press (1931) , Vol. 2, p. 680, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 7 Jacobus, Donald Lines and Edgar Francis Waterman , Hale, House and Related Families: Mainly of the Connecticut River Valley , Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1978, reprinted from 1952) , 721, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- 8 Weeks, Lyman Horace, ed. , Prominent Families of New York: Being an Account in Biographical Form of Individuals and Fami lies Distinguished as . . . , New York: The Historical Company (1898) , 31, Google Books (Digital Library).