Radio and TV Commentator
- 3rd Great-grandmother of Lowell Thomas — 6th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- (probable) John Finney
- (probable) Anne Toogood
- Birth Date:
- 1 Jan 1729/1730
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 23 Jan 1805
- Death Location:
- Warren, Litchfield, Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Sharon Burying Ground, Sharon, Litchfield, Connecticut
- Spouse Name:
- Reuben Sackett
- Marriage Date:
- 21 Dec 1752
- Marriage Location:
- Kent, Litchfield, Connecticut
Cyrus Sackett (Ahnentafel No:18 )
The New England Historical and Genealogical Register (1906, Vol. 60, p. 70) lists two Mercy Finney's that were married to a man named Reuben on 21 DEC 1752. The first Mercy is the daughter of John Finney and Ann Toogood and is said to be married to Reuben Sackett. The second Mercy is the daughter of Samuel Finney (John's brother) and Elizabeth Wood. She is said to be married to a man named Reuben whose surname is unknown. The two Mercy Finneys both married to men named Reuben on the same date puts into question whether it's known as to which Mercy was really married to Reuben Sackett. Further research is needed to clarify the confusing situation.
View famous kin of Mercy Finney
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Mercy Finney
- 1 Connecticut: Vital Records (The Barbour Collection), 1630-1870, Warren, p. 21, Death record for Mercy Sackett.
- 2 Daughters of the American Revolution Genealogical Research System, Ancestor #A098958.
- 3 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1906, Vol. 60, p. 70.
- 4 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1982, Vol. 136, p. 330.
- 5 Sharon, Connecticut and Northeast New York, Cemetery Index, 1750-1903, Cemetery record for Mrs Marcy Sackett.