3rd U.S. President and Signer of the Declaration of Independence
- 1st Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Peter Jefferson
- Jane Randolph
- Birth Date:
- 13 Apr 1743
- Birth Location:
- Shadwell Estate, Goochland (now Albemarle), Virginia
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 4 Jul 1826
- Death Location:
- Monticello, Albemarle, Virginia
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Monticello Graveyard, Monticello, Albemarle, Virginia
3rd President of the United States
Signer of the Declaration of Independence
Thomas Jefferson was born on 02 APR 1743 according to the Julian calendar. When the English adopted the Gregorian calendar in 1752, the date shifted forward 11 days so that today we observe Jefferson's birth date on 13 APR.
Marriages for Thomas Jefferson
- Martha Wayles
- Marriage Date:
- 1 Jan 1772
- Sally Hemings
- Marriage Date:
- NOT MARRIED
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Thomas Jefferson
- 1 Find A Grave, (accessed 12/28/2011).
- 2 Genealogies of Virginia Families: from the Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Vol. 2 , Claiborne-Fitzhugh, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (1981), 27.
- 3 Barthelmas, Della Gray, The Signers of the Declaration of Independence: A Biographical and Genealogical Reference, Jefferson, N.C. and London: McFarland and Company, Inc., Publishers (1997), 199.
- 4 Curtis, William Eleroy, Thomas Jefferson, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: J. B. Lippincott Company (1901), 19.
- 5 Frontline (PBS), "The Memoirs of Madison Hemings", (accessed 03/20/2018).
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 208, 508.
- 7 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants to the American Colonies, Quebec, or the United States ( 2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (2018), 823.
- 8 Thomas Jefferson Foundation, Inc., "Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings: A Brief Account", (accessed 01/08/2015).
- 9 Wikipedia, "Thomas Jefferson", (accessed 12/19/2010).