3rd U.S. President and Signer of the Declaration of Independence
- 12th Great-grandfather of Thomas Jefferson — 15th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- John de Mowbray
- Joan of Lancaster
- Birth Date:
- 25 Jun 1340
- Birth Location:
- Epworth, Lincolnshire, England
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- from Jun 1368 to Oct 1368
- Death Location:
- Thrace (near Constantinople)
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Elizabeth de Segrave
- Marriage Date:
- 25 Mar 1349
- Marriage Location:
Eleanor de Mowbray
Thomas Mowbray (Ahnentafel No:12750 )
Joan de Mowbray
4th Baron Mowbray
John de Mowbray was slain by the Saracens in 1368. Saracens was a term used during the Crusades to refer to people opposed to Christianity. Christian writers often associated it with Arabs or Muslims.
John de Mowbray
View famous kin of John de Mowbray
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John de Mowbray
- 1 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 2007, Vol. 161, p. 34.
- 2 The American Genealogist, 1961, Vol. 37, p. 114.
- 3 Richardson, Douglas, Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2013), Vol. V, p. 331.
- 4 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 259, 263, 267, 282, 291, 302, 338, 344, 349, 356.
- 5 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants to the American Colonies, Quebec, or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (2018), 486.
- 6 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al., Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists Who Came to America Before 1700, 8th Edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2004), 23-24, 199.
- 7 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al., The Magna Charta Sureties, 1215: The Barons Named in the Magna Charta, 1215 and Some of their . . ., 5th edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (Third Printing, 2006), 82, 101.