3rd U.S. President and Signer of the Declaration of Independence
- 13th Great-grandfather of Thomas Jefferson — 16th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- John de Mowbray
- Aline de Braiose
- Birth Date:
- 29 Nov 1310
- Birth Location:
- Hovingham, Yorkshire, England
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 4 Oct 1361
- Death Location:
- York, North Yorkshire, England
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Friars Minor, Bedford, Bedfordshire, England
- Spouse Name:
- Joan of Lancaster
- Marriage Date:
- 28 Feb 1326/1327
- Marriage Location:
John de Mowbray (Ahnentafel No:25500 )
3rd Lord Mowbray of Thirsk
John de Mowbray
Additional marriages for John de Mowbray
- Elizabeth de Vere
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John de Mowbray
- 1 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 2007, Vol. 161, p. 34.
- 2 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants to the American Colonies, Quebec, or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (2018), 623.
- 3 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al., Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists Who Came to America Before 1700, 8th Edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2004), 23-24, 27.
- 4 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al., The Magna Charta Sureties, 1215: The Barons Named in the Magna Charta, 1215 and Some of their . . ., 5th edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (Third Printing, 2006), 82.
- 5 Wikipedia, "John de Mowbray, 3rd Baron Mowbray", _3rd_Baron_Mowbray, (accessed 01/23/2014).