3rd U.S. President and Signer of the Declaration of Independence
- 4th Generation — Great-grandfather of Thomas Jefferson
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- ABT 1697
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Mary Branch
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
- Thomas Jefferson Jr.
- Thomas's father may have been a John Jefferson who arrived in 1619 aboard the ship Bonahora (Thomas Jefferson, by William Eleroy Curtis).
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Thomas Jefferson
- 1 The American Genealogist, New Haven, Connecticut: D. L. Jacobus (issues newer than 5 years not online), 1981, Vol. 57, p. 87, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 2 Curtis, William Eleroy, Thomas Jefferson, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: J. B. Lippincott Company (1901), 19.
- 3 Dorman, John Frederick, Adventurers of Purse and Person, Virginia, 1607-1624/5, 4th ed., Vol. 1, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2004), 370.
- 4 Grubbs, Lillie Martin, Martin and Allied Families, Columbus, Georgia: (1946), 204.
- 5 McLean, Dabney N., The English Ancestry of Thomas Jefferson, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company for Clearfield Company (1996), 58, Internet Archive (Digital Library).
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 159.
- 7 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 507.
- 8 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants to the American Colonies, Quebec, or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (2018), 822.