- 12th Great-grandfather of Margaret Brand — 15th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Edmund Knyvet
- Eleanor Tyrrel
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- ABT 1512
- Death Location:
- at sea
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Muriel Howard
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
Henry Knyvet (Ahnentafel No:12316 )
Master of the Horse to Henry VIII
Sir Thomas Knyvet died at sea while fighting the French.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Thomas Knyvet
- 1 Burke, John and John Bernard Burke, A Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Extinct and Dormant Baronetcies of England. Ireland, and Scotland, 2nd ed., London: Scott, Webster, and Geary (1841), 294-295.
- 2 Lee, Sidney, ed., Dictionary of National Biography, Volume 11, Kennett-Lluelyn, New York: The Macmillan Company; London: Smith, Elder, and Co. (1909), 339-340.
- 3 Nichols, John Gough, ed., The Topographer and Genealogist, Vol. 1, London: John Bowyer Nichols and Son (1846), 471.
- 4 Richardson, Douglas and Kimball G. Everingham, Plantagenet Ancestry: A Study in Colonial & Medieval Families, 2nd Edition, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2011), Vol. 2, pp. 189, 274.
- 5 Richardson, Ethel M., The Lion and the Rose (The Great Howard Story: Norfolk Line 957-1646, Suffolk Line 1603-1917, Vol. 1, New York: E. P. Dutton and Company (1923?), 293.
- 6 Whellan, William, ed., The History and Topography of the Counties of Cumberland and Westmoreland: Comprising Their Ancient . . ., London: Whittaker and Co.; Manchester: Galt and Co. (1860), 292.