Princess of Wales
- 6th Generation — 3rd Great-grandfather of Princess Diana
- Ahnentafel No:
- George Wood
- Elizabeth Conner
- Birth Date:
- 29 Jul 1785
- Birth Location:
- Shepherdstown, Berkeley, Virginia (now West Virginia)
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 29 Jan 1848
- Death Location:
- Chillicothe, Ross, Ohio
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Grandview Cemetery, Chillicothe, Ross, Ohio
- Spouse Name:
- Eleanor "Ellen" Strong
- Marriage Date:
- 13 Mar 1823
- Marriage Location:
- St. Paul's Episcopal Church, Chillicothe, Ross, Ohio
- Ellen Wood
- John's tombstone is dated 1847 but this apparently conflicts with his will which was dated 21 JAN 1848 and proved 03 FEB 1848.
LOOK → View famous kin of John Wood
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John Wood
- 1 Find A Grave, (accessed 11/25/2012).
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, (New England Historic and Genealogical Society), 1982, Vol. 136, pp. 93-94.
- 3 New York, Death Newspaper Extracts, 1801-1890 (Barber Collection), New York Evening Post, 09 JUL 1863, Obituary for wife Eleanor Wood, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 4 Evans, Richard K., The Ancestry of Diana, Princess of Wales, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2007), 19.
- 5 Kidd, Charles, Debrett Goes to Hollywood, New York: St. Martin's Press (1986), 122.
- 6 McGhan, Judith, Genealogies of Connecticut Families: From the New England Historical and Genealogical Register, Vol. 1, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2006), 635-636.
- 7 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 578.
- 8 Roberts, Gary Boyd and William Addams Reitwiesner, American Ancestors and Cousins of The Princess of Wales, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1984), 22-23, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 9 West, Edmund, comp., Family Data Collection - Individual Records, Record for John Wood, Ancestry.com (Online Database).