Princess of Wales
- 6th Generation — 3rd Great-grandfather of Princess Diana
- Ahnentafel No:
- George Wood
- Elizabeth Conner
- Birth Date:
- 29 Jul 1785
- Birth Location:
- Shepherdstown, Berkeley, Virginia (now West Virginia)
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 29 Jan 1848
- Death Location:
- Chillicothe, Ross, Ohio
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Grandview Cemetery, Chillicothe, Ross, Ohio
- Spouse Name:
- Eleanor "Ellen" Strong
- Marriage Date:
- 13 Mar 1823
- Marriage Location:
- St. Paul's Episcopal Church, Chillicothe, Ross, Ohio
- Ellen Wood
- John's tombstone is dated 1847 but this apparently conflicts with his will which was dated 21 JAN 1848 and proved 03 FEB 1848.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John Wood
- 1 Find A Grave, (accessed 11/25/2012).
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, (New England Historic and Genealogical Society), 1982, Vol. 136, pp. 93-94.
- 3 New York, Death Newspaper Extracts, 1801-1890 (Barber Collection), New York Evening Post, 09 JUL 1863, Obituary for wife Eleanor Wood, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 4 Evans, Richard K., The Ancestry of Diana, Princess of Wales, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2007), 19.
- 5 Kidd, Charles, Debrett Goes to Hollywood, New York: St. Martin's Press (1986), 122.
- 6 McGhan, Judith, Genealogies of Connecticut Families: From the New England Historical and Genealogical Register, Vol. 1, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2006), 635-636.
- 7 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 578.
- 8 Roberts, Gary Boyd and William Addams Reitwiesner, American Ancestors and Cousins of The Princess of Wales, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1984), 22-23, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 9 West, Edmund, comp., Family Data Collection - Individual Records, Record for John Wood, Ancestry.com (Online Database).