Ancestry of Prince
Duke of Cambridge
- 5th Great-grandmother of William — 8th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Theodore Forbes
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
Katherine Scott Forbes (Ahnentafel No:127 )
Eliza was said to be an Indian of Armenian descent although there have also been claims that Eliza was dark skinned and of Mongol descent.
Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) analysis of Eliza's descendants show that Eliza was of Indian heritage. However, even in India, her DNA typ is rare where only 0.3 percent of the people reportedly carry this lineage.
Eliza Kewark was a housekeeper to Theodore Forbes, a Scottish merchant for the East India Company. Forbes worked in the port town of Surat (previously known as Suryapur) in the Indian state of Gujarat.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Eliza Kewark
- 1 thePeerage.com: A Genealogical Survey of the Peerage of Britain as Well as the Royal Familie s of Europe , (accessed 12/28/2012).
- 2 Bihar Prabha , "The Mystery behind Eliza Kewark and her Linkage to India" , (accessed 07/06/2013).
- 3 Evans, Richard K. , The Ancestry of Diana, Princes s of Wales , Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2007) , 30.
- 4 George, Joan , Merchants in Exile: The Armenians in Manchester, England, 1835-1935 , Reading, England: Taderon Press (2002) , 15.
- 5 The Guardian , "Monarchs, Murdochs and Middletons: the DNA of Dynasties" , (accessed 07/06/2013).