Ancestry of Prince
Duke of Cambridge
- 10th Great-grandfather of William — 13th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1610
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 2 Aug 1691
- Death Location:
- Northampton, Hampshire, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Bridge Street Cemetery, Northampton, Hampshire, Massachusetts
- Spouse Name:
- Mary -----
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
Rachel Holton (Ahnentafel No:3809 )
William's father may have been Edward Holton of Holt St. Mary, Suffolk, England.
There is memorial gravestone located at Old Westminster Cemtery in Windham County, Vermont that states "Dea. William Holton of Hartford and Northampton died 12 Aug. 1691." The date of 12 AUG 1691 is apparently an error that occurred in "The Town Copy" of the Northampton vital records (page 139). The "Northampton Death Old Book" (page 140) lists the date as 02 AUG 1691 as does the memorial stone placed by the Holton Family Association at the Bridge Street Cemetery in Northampton.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for William Holton
- 1 Find A Grave , (accessed 12/04/2012).
- 2 NEHGS NEXUS: New England Across the United States , 1991, Vol. 8, p. 29, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 3 New England Ancestors Magazine , 2002, Vol. 3.5, p. 34, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 4 New England Historical and Genealogical Register , 1982, Vol. 136, pp. 99-100, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 5 Northampton, MA: Vital Records , p. 112, Death record for Deac. William Holton, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 6 Barthelmas, Della Gray , The Signers of the Declaration of Independence: A Biographical and Genealogical Reference , Jefferson, N.C. and London: McFarland and Company, Inc., Publishers (1997) , 63.
- 7 Dwight, Benjamin W. , The History of the Descendants of Elder John Strong, of Northampton, Mass., Vol. 1 , Albany, New York: Joel Munsell (1871) , 228, Internet Archive (Digital Library).
- 8 Dwight, Benjamin W. , The History of the Descendants of Elder John Strong, of Northampton, Mass., Vol. 2 , Albany, New York: Joel Munsell (1871) , 1121, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 9 Evans, Richard K. , The Ancestry of Diana, Princes s of Wales , Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2007) , 215.
- 10 Frost, Josephine C. , Ancestors of Henry Ward Beecher and His Wife Eunice White Bullard , Unknown: Unknown (1927) , 117-118, FamilySearch.org (Online Database).
- 11 Holman, Mary Lovering , Ancestry of Colonel John Harrington Stevens and his Wife Frances Helen Miller, Vol. 1 , Concord, New Hampshire: Privately Printed at The Rumford Press (1948) , 387, 390-391, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- 12 Reynolds, Cuyler, ed. , Genealogical and Family History of Southern New York and the Hudson River Valley, Vol. 3 , New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1914) , 1071, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 13 Roberts, Gary Boyd , Notable Ki n, Volume 1 , Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998) , 175.
- 14 Roberts, Gary Boyd and William Addams Reitwiesner , American Ancestors and Cousins of The Princess of Wales , Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1984) , 29, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 15 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp. , Ancestor s of American Presidents , Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009) , 639.