William Rufus Day
36th U.S. Secretary of State
- Father of William Rufus Day — 2nd Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- David Day
- Rhoda Wheelock
- Birth Date:
- 9 Jul 1813
- Birth Location:
- Granville, Washington, New York
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 8 Mar 1885
- Death Location:
- Ravenna, Portage, Ohio
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Maple Grove Cemetery, Ravenna, Portage, Ohio
- Spouse Name:
- Emily Swift Spalding
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
Emily L. Day
William Rufus Day (Ahnentafel No:1 )
Edward L. Day
Member of the Ohio Senate and judge on the Ohio Supreme Court
Additional marriages for Luther Day
- Ellen I. Barnes
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Luther Day
- 1 Daughters of the American Revolution Genealogical Research System, Ancestor #A030926.
- 2 Gravestone image at FindAGrave.com, (accessed 07/25/2016).
- 3 History of Portage County, Ohio: Containing a History of the County, Its Townships, Towns, Villages, Schools . . ., Chicago: Warner, Beers and Co. (1885), 818-821.
- 4 The Plain Dealer (Cleveland, Ohio), 08 FEB 1965, pp. 1, 4, Obituary for grandson Luther Day.
- 5 U.S., Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970, S.A.R. No. 2491, Membership application for Robert Henry Day.
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Mayflower 500: Five Hundred Notable Descendants of the Founding Families on the Mayflower, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2020), 74.
- 7 Spalding, Charles Warren, The Spalding Memorial: A Genealogical History of Edward Spalding of Virginia and Massachusetts Bay . . ., Chicago: American Publishers' Association (1897), 170.
- 8 Wikipedia, "Luther Day", (accessed 07/25/2016).