William Rufus Day
36th U.S. Secretary of State
- Grandfather of William Rufus Day — 3rd Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Rufus Spalding
- Lydia Paine
- Birth Date:
- 3 May 1798
- Birth Location:
- Tisbury, Martha's Vineyard, Dukes, Massachusetts
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 29 Aug 1886
- Death Location:
- Cleveland, Cuyahoga, Ohio
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Lake View Cemetery, Cleveland, Cuyahoga, Ohio
- Spouse Name:
- Lucretia A. Swift
- Marriage Date:
- 1 Oct 1822
- Marriage Location:
Emily Swift Spalding (Ahnentafel No:3 )
Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Ohio and Ohio Supreme Court Justice
Rufus Paine Spalding
Additional marriages for Rufus Paine Spalding
- Nancy Sargeant
- Marriage Date:
- 11 Jan 1859
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Rufus Paine Spalding
- 1 Find A Grave, (accessed 07/25/2016).
- 2 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Tisbury, Vol. 1, p. 86, Birth record for Rufus Paine Spalding.
- 3 The Plain Dealer (Cleveland, Ohio), 08 FEB 1965, pp. 1, 4, Obituary for great-grandson Luther Day.
- 4 Hooker, John, Connecticut Reports: Being Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Supreme Court of Err or of the . . ., Vol. 31, Hartford: Press of Case, Lockwood and Company (1864), 227.
- 5 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Mayflower 500: Five Hundred Notable Descendants of the Founding Families on the Mayflower, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2020), 74-75.
- 6 Spalding, Samuel J., Spalding Memorial: A Genealogical History of Edward Spalding, of Massachusetts Bay, and His D escendants, Boston: Alfred Mudge and Son, Printers (1872), 97, 167-170.
- 7 Wikipedia, "Rufus P. Spalding", (accessed 07/25/2016).