Singer and Songwriter
- Great-grandmother of Harry Chapin — 4th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Calvin Ryder
- Rebecca N. Elliott
- Birth Date:
- 12 Jan 1858
- Birth Location:
- New York, New York
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- 11 Sep 1939
- Burial Location:
- Green-Wood Cemetery, Brooklyn, Kings, New York
- Spouse Name:
- James Ayrault Chapin
- Marriage Date:
- 21 Nov 1883
- Marriage Location:
- West Orange, Essex, New Jersey
James Ormsbee Chapin (Ahnentafel No:4 )
Delia and her two sisters Florence and Cora do not appear in the 1860 census for Calvin and Rebecca Ryder. The older children appear but the younger children are missing. However later census records as well as marriage records of the sisters all indicate that the three are children of Calvin and Rebecca. The older children of Calvin and Rebecca appear as the last people on the census page in 1860, and the next page starts with a child named Fanny Sewall, age 6, whose parents are also missing. Since two copies of the census were made with the original retained by the county and the copy sent to Washington D.C., it is possible that these omissions are a result of a transcription error with perhaps an entire page being missing. The younger children of Calvina and Rebecca Ryder do appear in their household in 1870 and 1880.
Delia Stout Ryder
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Delia Stout Ryder
- 1 Federal Census , NJ, Essex County, 1900, West Orange, E.D. 185, Sheet 15B, Image 31 of 49, Ancestry.com (Online Census Images).
- 2 Federal Census , NJ, Essex County, 1870, West Orange, p. 50, Image 50 of 54, Ancestry.com (Online Census Images).
- 3 New York, New York City Marriage Records, 1829-1940 , Marriage record for son James Ormsbee Chapin and Abby Beal Forbes, FamilySearch.org (Online Database).
- 4 Chapin, Gilbert Warren , The Chapin Book of Genealogical Data with Brief Sketches of the Descendants of Deacon Samue l Chapin, Vol. 2 , Hartford, Connecticut: Chapin Family Association (1924) , 1445, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- 5 Rider, Fremont , Preliminary Materials for a Genealogy of the Rider (Ryder) Families in the United States , Middletown, Connecticut: The Godfrey Memorial Library (1959) , Vol. 2, Image 451 of 514, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- 6 The Green-Wood Historic Fund , Green-Wood: Burial Search , Cemetery record for Delia Stout Chapin, (accessed 08/14/2016).
- 7 Wikipedia , "James Ormsbee Chapin" , (accessed 08/10/2016).