- 4th Great-grandmother of Edward Norton — 7th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Ebenezer Brown
- Clarissa Hebard
- Birth Date:
- ABT Jan 1802
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 29 Sep 1865
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- New Haven Cemetery, New Haven, Huron, Ohio
- Spouse Name:
- Ezra Stewart
- Marriage Date:
- 7 Nov 1819
- Marriage Location:
- Kingston, Luzerne, Pennsylvania
Orlando F. Stewart
Daniel Brown Stewart (Ahnentafel No:38 )
Sources disagree on the nativity of Sarah Brown with Vermont, New Hampshire, and Connecticut all being given. An application accepted by the Mayflower Society has her birth as 10 JAN 1802 at Colebrook, New Hampshire. Also, published sources give her middle initial as A while her tombstone gives it as E. Probate file of her father Ebenezer confirms that it was an A. Census records for Sarah, and for her children support her nativity being Vermont.
Sarah A. Brown
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Sarah A. Brown
- 1 Federal Census, OH, Huron County, 1850, New Haven, Image 30 of 34.
- 2 General Society of Mayflower Descendants Membership Applications, 1620-1920, General No. 44741, Membership application for Beulah (Stewart) Weaver.
- 3 Gravestone image at FindAGrave.com, (accessed 03/22/2022).
- 4 History of Allen County, Ohio: Containing a History of the County, Its Townships, Towns, Villages, Schools . . ., Chicago: Warner, Beers and Co. (1885), 727.
- 5 Michigan, U.S., Wills and Probate Records, 1784-1980, Probate file for Ebenezer Brown, names Sarah and where she resides.
- 6 Connecticut Society of Genealogists, The Connecticut Nutmegger, 1996, Vol. 29, p. 207.