Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
U.S. Supreme Court Justice
- 11th Generation — 8th Great-grandfather of Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
- Ahnentafel No:
- William Thorne
- Alice Stutysbury
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- 9 Nov 1588
- Burial Location:
- Yardley Hastings, Northampton, England
- Spouse Name:
- Mary Purefoy
- Marriage Date:
- 28 Oct 1540
- Marriage Location:
- Shalstone, Buckinghamshire, England
- Susanna Thorne
Thomas Thorne's surname is also seen as Dorne
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Thomas Thorne
- 1 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, (New England Historic and Genealogical Society), JUL 1988, Vol. 142, Page 233.
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, (New England Historic and Genealogical Society), OCT 1912, Vol. 66, Page 340.
- 3 The American Genealogist, New Haven, Connecticut: D. L. Jacobus (issues newer than 5 years not online), 1959, Vol. 35, p. 28, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 4 The Cambridge Historical Society, Publications 14, Proceedings for the Year 1919, Cambridge, Massachusetts: by the Society (1926), 83.
- 5 McLean, Hulda Hoover, Genealogy of the Herbert Hoover Family, Stanford, California: The Hoover Institution on War, Revolution and Peace, Stanford University (1967), fold-out chart between pages 4 and 5.
- 6 Richardson, Douglas, Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2013), Vol. 2, p. 478.
- 7 Richardson, Douglas and Kimball G. Everingham, Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2005), 291.
- 8 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 215.
- 9 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 361.