Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
U.S. Supreme Court Justice
- 4th Great-grandfather of Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. — 7th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- John Lothrop
- Hannah House
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1621
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 29 FEB 1699/1700
- Death Location:
- Norwich, New London, Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Elizabeth Scudder
- Marriage Date:
- 28 Nov 1644
- Marriage Location:
- Barnstable, Barnstable Co., Massachusetts
Joseph Lathrop (Ahnentafel No:38 )
Samuel Lothrop's surname is also seen as Lathrop.
Additional marriages for Samuel Lothrop
- Abigail Doane
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1690
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Samuel Lothrop
- 1 Dutchess County, NY: The Settlers of the Beekman Patent, Vol. 9, p. 317.
- 2 NEHGS NEXUS: New England Across the United States, 1990, Vol. 7, p. 28.
- 3 New England Ancestors Magazine, 2002, Vol. 3.5, p. 36.
- 4 New Englanders in Nova Scotia: R. Stanton Avery Special Collections, (2010), 63.
- 5 New Haven, CT: Families of Ancient New Haven, Vol. 7, p. 1551.
- 6 Norwich CT: Vital Records of Norwich, 1659-1848, pp. 13, 20-21, Birth records for children of Samuell Lothrup.
- 7 The American Genealogist, 1997, Vol. 72, Page 297.
- 8 The American Genealogist, 1975, Vol. 51, Page 235.
- 9 American Ancestors, "Boris Johnson: Lathrop Ancestry", (accessed 04/15/2020).
- 10 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol . 1, A-F, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 562.
- 11 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. IV, I-L , Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2005), 348.
- 12 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. VI, R-S , Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 225.
- 13 Boardman, William F. J., The Ancestry of William Francis Joseph Boardman, Hartford, Connecticut: Being His Lineage i n All Lines . . ., Hartford, Connecticut: The Case, Lockwood and Brainard Company (1906), 164.
- 14 Cleveland, Edmund Janes and Horace Gillette Cleveland, The Genealogy of the Cleveland and Cleaveland Families: An Attempt to Track in Both the Mal e and the Female . . ., Vol. 1, Hartford, Connecticut: The Case, Lockwood and Brainard Company (1899), 219.
- 15 Huntington, E. B., A Genealogical Memoir of the Lo-Lathrop Family in this Country a>, Ridgefield, Connecticut: M. Huntington (1884), 38.
- 16 Jacobus, Donald Lines, ed., The Ancestry of Lorenzo Ackley and his Wife Emma Arabella Bosworth, Woodstock, Vermont: N. Grier Parke, II (1960), 20.
- 17 Johnson, Alvin Page, Franklin D. Roosevelt's Colonial Ancestors: Their Part in the Making of American History, Boston: Lothrop, Lee and Shepard (1933), 100.
- 18 Pack, Charles Lathrop, Thomas Hatch of Barnstable and Some of his Descendants: The Descent of Alice Gertrude Hatch a nd her Husband . . ., Newark, New Jersey: Society of Colonial Wars in the State of New Jersey (1930), 88.
- 19 Randall, Emilius O. and Daniel J. Ryan, History of Ohio: The Rise and Progress of an American State, Vol. 6, New York: The Century History Company (1915), 460.
- 20 Roberts, Gary Boyd, "#58 Royal Descents, Notable Kin, and Printed Sources: Elizabeth Boyd Roberts: A Genealogica l Tribute with 50 New . . .", (accessed 07/06/2017).
- 21 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 182.
- 22 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 69.
- 23 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants to the American Colonies, Quebec, or the United States ( 2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (2018), 921.
- 24 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 455.
- 25 Walworth, Reuben H., Hyde Genealogy; or the Descendants in the Female as well as in the Male Lines, from William H yde, of Norwich, Vol. 1, Albany, NY: J. Munsell (1864), 11.