- Great-grandfather of Henry VIII, King of England — 4th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Richard Woodville
- Joan Bedlisgate
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1405
- Birth Location:
- Maidstone, Kent, England
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 12 Aug 1469
- Death Location:
- Kenilworth, Warwickshire, England
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Jacquetta of Luxembourg
- Marriage Date:
- BEF 23 Mar 1436/1437
- Marriage Location:
Elizabeth Woodville (Ahnentafel No:7 )
1st Earl Rivers.
Richard Woodville was beheaded.
Richard Woodville's surname is also seen as Wydeville.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Richard Woodville
- 1 Gurney, E. Henry , Reference Handbook for Readers, Students, and Teachers of English History , Boston: Ginn and Company (1890) , 69, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 2 Paget, Gerald , The Lineage and Ancestry of H.R.H. Prince Charles, Prince of Wales, Vol. 1 , Edinburgh and London: Charles Skilton Ltd (1977) , 89.
- 3 Richardson, Douglas , Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families , Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2013) , Vol. III, pp. 162, 371.
- 4 Richardson, Douglas and Kimball G. Everingham , Plantagenet Ancestry: A Study i n Colonial & Medieval Families, 2nd Edition , Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2011) , Vol. 2, p. 275.
- 5 Wikipedia , "Richard Woodville, 1st Earl Rivers" , (accessed 11/23/2012).
- 6 Yorkshire Archaeological and Topographical Society , The Yorkshire Archaeological and Topographical Journal, Part 36 (Being the Fourth Part of Vol ume IX) , London: Bradbury, Agnew, and Co. (1886) , 414, Google Books (Digital Library).