WWII Codebreaker of Nazi Enigma Machine
- 18th Generation — 15th Great-grandfather of Alan Turing
- Ahnentafel No:
- Richard of York
- Anne de Mortimer
- Birth Date:
- 21 Sep 1411
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 30 Dec 1460
- Death Location:
- Wakefield, Yorkshire, England
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Cecily Neville
- Marriage Date:
- BEF 18 Oct 1424
- Marriage Location:
- Edward IV, King of England
3rd Duke of York
Killed at Wakefield
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Richard Plantagenet
- 1 NEHGS NEXUS: New England Across the United States, 1998, Vol. 15, p. 206, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 2 The Genealogical Magazine: A Journal of Family History, Heraldry, and Pedigrees, Volume II, May, 1898 - April, 1899, London: Elliot Stock (1899), 161, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 3 Fisher, George, A Companion and Key to the History of England: Consisting of Copious Genealogical Details of the British Sovereigns . . ., London: Simpkin and Marshall (1832), 122-123.
- 4 Gurney, E. Henry, Reference Handbook for Readers, Students, and Teachers of English History, Boston: Ginn and Company (1890), 69, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 5 Paget, Gerald, The Lineage and Ancestry of H.R.H. Prince Charles, Prince of Wales, Vol. 1, Edinburgh and London: Charles Skilton Ltd (1977), 89.
- 6 Richardson, Douglas, Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2013), Vol. IV, p. 129.
- 7 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 47, 52.
- 8 Sweet, Homer De Lois, The Averys of Groton, Syracuse, New York: Rice-Taylor Print. Co. (1894), 556, Heritage Quest (Digital Library).
- 9 Wikipedia, "Richard of York, 3rd Duke of York", (accessed 04/30/2011).