WWII Codebreaker of Nazi Enigma Machine
- Grandfather of Alan Turing — 3rd Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- John Robert Turing
- Jean Stewart Fraser
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1825
- Birth Location:
- Batavia, Dutch East Indies
- Christening Date:
- 29 Jan 1826
- Christening Location:
- St. Nicholas, Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Scotland
- Death Date:
- 27 Dec 1885
- Death Location:
- Bedford, Bedfordshire, England
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Fanny Montague Boyd
- Marriage Date:
- 24 Sep 1861
- Marriage Location:
- St. Mary's, Cambridge, Cambridge, England
Julius Matheson Turing (Ahnentafel No:2 )
Vicar of Edwinstowe
Rev. John Robert Turing was born in Batavia, the capital of the Dutch East Indies (now Jakarta, Indonesia).
John Robert Turing Jr.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John Robert Turing Jr.
- 1 Cambridge University Alumni, 1261-1900, Record for John Robert Turing.
- 2 England and Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1837-1915, Death record for John Robert Turing.
- 3 England and Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966 , 1973-1995, Probate record for John Robert Turing.
- 4 England Census, 1881, Nottinghamshire, Edwinstowe, Dist. 6, p. 1, Image 2 of 25.
- 5 England Census, 1871, Hertfordshire, Watford, Dist. 13a, p. 21, Image 22 of 41.
- 6 England, Select Births and Christenings, 1538-1975, Baptism record for son Julius Mathison Turing.
- 7 England, Select Marriages, 1538-1973, Marriage record for John Robert Turing and Fanny Montague Boyd.
- 8 Scotland, Select Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950, Baptism record for John Robert Turing.
- 9 Burke, Sir Bernard, A Genealogical and Heraldic Dictionary of the Peerage and Baronetage of the British Empire, 3 0th edition, London: Harrison (1868), 1113.
- 10 Fordyce, Alexander Dingwall, Family Record of the Name of Dingwall Fordyce, in Aberdeenshire: Showing Descent from the Fir st Known . . ., Toronto: C. Blackett Robinson (1885), 30, 244-245, Appendix IX.
- 11 Furness, Hannah, "Benedict Cumberbatch and Alan Turing are related, genealogists claim", The Telegraph, (accessed 06/30/2017).
- 12 Wikipedia, "Alan Turing", (accessed 06/30/2017).