Samuel F. B. Morse
Painter and Co-Inventor of Morse Code
- 1st Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Jedidiah Morse
- Elizabeth Ann Finley Breese
- Birth Date:
- 27 Apr 1791
- Birth Location:
- at the foot of Breed's Hill, Charlestown (now Boston), Suffolk, Massachusetts
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 2 Apr 1872
- Death Location:
- New York, New York
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Green-Wood Cemetery, Brooklyn, Kings Co., New York
- Painter and inventor (telegraph and morse code).
Samuel Finley Breese Morse
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Samuel Finley Breese Morse
- 1 Gravestone image at FindAGrave.com, (accessed 05/10/2011).
- 2 Bowen, Daniel, The Family of Griffith Bowen, Gentleman, Welsh Puritan Immigrant, Boston, Mass., 1638-9, Especially the Branch of . . ., Jacksonville, Florida: DaCosta Printing Company (1893), 31.
- 3 Child, Elias, Genealogy of the Child, Childs and Childe Families, of the Past and Present in the United States and the Canadas, Utica, NY: Curtiss and Childs, Printers (1881), 260.
- 4 Dexter, Franklin Bowditch, Biographical Sketches of the Graduates of Yale College with Annals of the College History, Volume 4, July 1778-June 1792, New York: Henry Holt and Company (1907), 297.
- 5 Lamb, Mrs. Martha J. and Mrs. Burton Harrison, History of the City of New York: Its Origin Rise, and Progress, Volume 3, New York: The A. S. Barnes Company (1896), 745.
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 36.
- 7 Wikipedia, "Samuel Morse", (accessed 05/10/2011).
- 8 Youmans, William Jay, ed., Pioneers of Science in America: Sketches of their Lives and Scientific Work, New York: D. Appleton and Company (1896), 234.