Samuel F. B. Morse
Painter and Co-Inventor of Morse Code
- 6th Generation — 3rd Great-grandfather of Samuel F. B. Morse
- Ahnentafel No:
- Benjamin Childe
- Sarah Shenton
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 15 Jan 1631
- Christening Location:
- Cottesbach, Leicestershire, England
- Death Date:
- 14 Oct 1678
- Death Location:
- Roxbury (now Boston), Suffolk, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Mary Bowen
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1653
- Marriage Location:
- John Child
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Benjamin Child
- 1 Massachusetts Vital Records to 1850 (Online Datebase), New England Historic Genealogical Society (2001-2008), Roxbury Births, p. 65.
- 2 NEHGS NEXUS: New England Across the United States, 1987, Vol. 4, pp. 71-72, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 3 New England Ancestors Magazine, Fall 2002, Vol. 3.4, p. 35, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 4 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, (New England Historic and Genealogical Society), April 1893, Vol. 47, p. 459.
- 5 Bowen, Daniel, The Family of Griffith Bowen, Gentleman, Welsh Puritan Immigrant, Boston, Mass., 1638-9, Especially the Branch of . . ., Jacksonville, Florida: DaCosta Printing Company (1893), 31.
- 6 Bowen, Edward Augustus, Lineage of the Bowens of Woodstock, Connecticut, Cambridge, Massachusetts: Riverside Press (1897), 95, 195.
- 7 Child, Elias, Genealogy of the Child, Childs and Childe Families, of the Past and Present in the United States and the Canadas, Utica, NY: Curtiss and Childs, Printers (1881), 67-69, 427.
- 8 Linzee, John William, The History of Peter Parker and Sarah Ruggles of Roxbury, Mass. and Their Ancestors and Descendants, Boston: Privately Printed (1913), 227, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 9 Paine, Lyman May, My Ancestors: A Memorial of John Paine and Mary Ann May of East Woodstock, Conn., Chicago: Printed for Private Circulation (1914), 66, Heritage Quest (Digital Library).
- 10 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 5, 36.