Samuel F. B. Morse
Painter and Co-Inventor of Morse Code
- 4th Great-grandfather of Samuel F. B. Morse — 7th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- John Johnson
- Mary Heath
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 11 Feb 1615/1616
- Christening Location:
- Ware End, Great Amwell, Hertfordshire, England
- Death Date:
- 19 Dec 1675
- Death Location:
- Great Swamp Fight, Fort Naragansett, near South Kingstown, Washington, Rhode Island
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Elizabeth Porter
- Marriage Date:
- 20 Jan 1636/1637
- Marriage Location:
- Roxbury (now Boston), Suffolk, Massachusetts
Elizabeth Johnson (Ahnentafel No:47 )
Capt. Isaac Johnson was killed in the Narragansett Great Swamp Fight while leading his men over the bridge, which was simply a fallen tree, into the Indian fort.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Isaac Johnson
- 1 Early New England Families, 1641-1700, Humphrey Johnson (m. 1641), p. 1.
- 2 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Roxbury Marriages, Vol. 2, p. 326.
- 3 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, April 1893, Vol. 47, p. 459.
- 4 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1994, Vol. 148, pp. 45-50.
- 5 The American Genealogist, 1979, Vol. 55, p. 145.
- 6 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 2, G-O, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 1108.
- 7 Bartholomew, George Wells, Jr., Record of the Bartholomew Family: Historical, Genealogical and Biographical, Austin, Texas: Published by the Compiler (1885), 56.
- 8 Bowen, Daniel, The Family of Griffith Bowen, Gentleman, Welsh Puritan Immigrant, Boston, Mass., 1638-9, Especially the Branch of . . ., Jacksonville, Florida: DaCosta Printing Company (1893), 29.
- 9 Brogan, Hugh and Charles Mosley, American Presidential Families, New York: Macmillan Publishing Company (1993), 420.
- 10 Johnson, Gerald Garth, The Biography and Genealogy of Captain John Johnson from Roxbury, Massachusetts: An Uncommon Man in the . . ., Bowie, Maryland: Heritage Books, Inc. (2000), 102.
- 11 Johnson, Paul Franklin, et. al., Genealogy of Captain John Johnson of Roxbury, Massachusetts: Generations I to XIV, Los Angeles, California: Privately printed by The Commonwealth Press, Inc. (1951), 4.
- 12 Linzee, John William, The History of Peter Parker and Sarah Ruggles of Roxbury, Mass. and Their Ancestors and Descendants, Boston: Privately Printed (1913), 380.
- 13 Wikipedia, "Great Swamp Fight", (accessed 05/12/2011).
- 14 Williams, Alicia Crane, Early New England Families, 1641-1700, Vol. 1, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Socity (2015), 191.